Starting week 6 and they still don't know I'm Jewish.....


Hey! So this week has been exactly the same as last week, as it is for every week here in the glorious MTC. But it was good. Here's a run down of my week

Friday: I woke up and went to shower, only to find Elder Nielsen singing "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. He couldn't remember a line so he asked everyone, then he woke up Friday night at 3 am and announced he remembered the one line so he then proceeded to sing the whole song in the middle of the night, love that guy. I also ran into Jackson Jensen. He lives right across the hall from me which is crazy, it was good to catch up with him. 

Saturday: Saturday was hard. I was teaching a lesson and only said about 5 sentences total (thats all I know how to say) and my teacher got mad at me because I dont know as much as I should. So that set the mood for the rest of the day. It was really discouraging and hard to hear that but whatever, I'm trying my 100% and that's all that matters. That night Scrimsher and I had a vision when we were walking back to our room. We had this vision of a sauna that extended from the shower room to the handicapped shower across the hall, we would be able to fit 20 people in there. So of course we built it and used it that night, and listened to the Greatest Showman soundtrack. So Saturday was a whirlwind of emotions.

Sunday: Normal Sunday, Nielsen and I took a huge nap in the ponder room which was nice. Then for lunch the zone (Scrimsher and I's idea) decided to see if we could eat 2 towers of cereal. So we got everyone to eat cereal and we actually downed both towers easily. Just for reference, I had 8 bowls and Scrimsher had 9. Everyone else had about 5 or 6, including some of the Sisters. So that was dope. But we felt so sick the rest of the day, but it was so worth it.

Monday: Today the language started to make a little sense again. I know its because of my prayers though. I know that it is God helping me. I am so lost with Mongolian and then I'll say a prayer right before class and then that day just makes sense. Its incredible how willing and ready God is to help us, we really just need to ask Him. 

Tuesday: I got another letter from Ava and Sami. Those are some the of the funniest letters I have ever gotten, and to answer your question girls, yes I like the jello, and no I am not dead. Tell the girls, I love them so much and everyone at dinner gets a laugh out of them.  It was just a normal day otherwise.

Wednesday: Not much happened today either. Until the evening though. We taught 2 members each a lesson and it was cool. The second member was a native Mongolian and she was awesome. She was this old grandma and she was a straight savage. She would correct my grammar and pronunciation all the time and then in the end she just said “I’m just giving you a hard time Elder Schofield, you're actually doing great." Needless to say I adopted her as my new grandma. She's a hoot, and she lives in Ulaanbaatar and she will be back home in June so she said she would have us over for dinner. She's way awesome though, she served 5 missions so far with her husband and one of them was a 5 year mission in Mongolia. I think she lives here actually and is from UB. but she visits UB all the time. She's so cool though, she's like the grandma Marsha of Mongolia. She's so funny and cool and laid back and sassy and sweet and nice. I'm gonna love it over there. Then after that my comp and I walked out and met with my third teacher, who is a native mongolian, and she shared a scripture with us. It was D&C 68:6. We were both super nervous before our lesson and we came out confident with our language skills. So she shared this scripture with us. And I felt the Spirit so strongly. The Book of Mormon is amazing, I don't think people realize the true power of what is in that book. I love that I have this knowledge and power so readily available in my life. 

So thats my week! I hope everything is going good at home! Love you all so much!

Elder Schofield




 "Mongolian name tag.  They can't read Latin characters so they have to spell out Schofield into what it sounds like in Mongolian characters."  
 "It snowed a ton.  Prepping us for Mongolia." 
 "Two tower cereal challenge.  I had 8 bowls of Lucky Charms and I felt amazing.  The older couple are the Svendsen's.  They are in the Brach Presidency.  They are the nicest and funniest people ever.  Bro Svendsen says he covets coats and he tries to steal mine all the time because he wants a Canada Goose coat so bad.  He's really fun, we are really good friends."
"Slumped on Sunday." 

Comments

Popular Posts