Les Mes should be canonized...

Hey Mom, 

So this week was good, we were pretty busy which was a cool feeling, so it was good. Me and Garcia put in some good work this week. So here is how it went

Tuesday: We had nothing planned for Tuesday. So we took a logistical day and got some groceries and caught up on laundry and cleaned the apartment. We called the number the bishop gave us, but it didn't work, the phone numbers here change a lot so it's really lucky to get a working one. But no biggie, we know the guy so we will get with him sometime this week. But yeah, not much too interesting today

Wednesday: Today we taught Batbeleg again and it was super good. He still really wants to be baptized. He's a good guy. He really is soaking up the gospel which is a really cool thing to see. Then we met up with the AP's who were on a teaching split with Ogden. So Ogden and I hungout and it was fun to see him again. We just spent the day with them, and then of course had a late night KFC run. Fun stuff

Thursday: So we had district meeting and Garcia made a Preach My Gospel Jeapordy game. It was pretty funny. So we had that, then just hungout there with the elders and sisters in our district and talked about the world cup. I'm so jealous you all get to watch that. I'm wearing my Brazil jersey right now to support the greatest team to ever live. Haha, but yeah we had district meeting and then we got some tacos with the elders in our district that had actually pico de gallo. I almost died. Good heavens that was incredible. Then we had a lesson with a new member Zolboo. He's 16 and a really great kid. So we hungout at his house and he told us about his girlfriend and school and church. It was fun. 

Friday: So the weekly adventure started today. We headed out to Naliakh (that village place I went to before). Garcia had to go on a Zone Leader split with Pickering, so we headed out there and spent the weekend with them. Sidenote: CONGRATS NATE AND BAYLEE!!!! I honestly can't believe that Nate is already married, like I remember running around Utah causing trouble with him like it was yesterday. Time goes way too fast some times. But I'm proud of him. End of the sidenote. So we headed to the village, and we taught a lesson with Pickering and Teasdale. I taught her about Jesus, and I asked her what she remembered from the previous lessons and she gave literally the best explanation of the Atonement I have ever heard. It was super cool. The lady is really slow at learning, so we had to take things really slow and explain them simply and clearly, and she couldn't remember much, but she gave a super in depth explanation of Christ and it was awesome. After that lesson we went to get some paperwork signed by a family so Pickering and Teasdale can teach their kids. On the way over there we ran into our little friends we met last time and they were so stoked to see us again. It was hilarious. So they all ran into us and we played with them for a bit. Then they followed us to the house that we were headed to. Pickering and Teasdale went inside to get the stuff signed, but ended up teaching a lesson to the grandmother too, so they were a long time. Garcia and I stayed outside and played with the kids. I picked one little girl up who asked and threw her way high in the air, and then the other kids saw and they all lined up and wanted me to throw them. So I got my arm workout in haha. Then they saw my camera  and wanted to take a ton of pictures so we did. Then they all asked about my family, and my girlfriend, and asked to see pictures. Then we talked all about our favorite animals and favorite things to do. It was really fun. The kids here rock. And that was realy the whole day, just spent with the fun kids of the village. 

Saturday: We were still with Pickering and Teasdale, so we woke up and hungout in the morning. Then made some home made pizza for lunch and just chatted for a long while. Teasdale had an English class to teach at the church in the village so we went with him to that and it was fun. We played some ping pong and talked to more kids, it was a good time. Then we left later that night to come back to the city. On the bus ride home I listened to my iPod (saving grace, snoring old people are so loud) and I was listening to the Les Mis soundtrack and the line "we will live again in freedom in the Garden of the Lord" really hit me, especially out here. In Mongolia, life is super hard. There are not many more people in the world who as a whole, have harder lives. They live in extreme poverty, and they have no way to move up in the world, they have a super corrupt communist government. It's super hard. But knowing that beyond the barricade of life, we will all be free and living with Christ is a super freeing knowledge. I've seen the hope that the gospel brings change people here, especially those in church. Its a very powerful thing to say that we know that after this hard life, we will all be free, living with Christ. I don't know if any of that made sense, but it really hit me. But I really just liked the thought of all the Mongolian people looking forward to the freedom and easiness of the next life. 

Sunday: Happy fathers day dad!! Love ya lots!! Honestly couldn't have asked for a better dad or role model in my life. Sunday was good, we had our long distance branch again which was pretty interesting. The computer program is super finicky so its super hard to make it work. But we got it working and the service was good. Then in our own ward, we had 2 people show up. They were both 16ish and they came because they have mormon friends. After the gospel doctrine class though, the girl who came just booked it out of the church haha. So I guess she didn't like it that much. But the boy stayed and we got his number and he really is interested which is awesome. So that is way cool. Also it rained today and I have never seen a harder rain in my life. The incredibly genius Russians here never put storm drains in the roads, so the roads got washed out and all muddy and had like 4 inches of water over them. It was nuts. The monsoon season is starting soon Garcia said so that will be fun. But all good stuff

Also mom I've been looking around for boots for the winter and monsoon season and Garcia said that the best option would be to get some columbia boots. but they are like 300 dollars here. He said that he has a pair (the link) that kept him warm during the winter and they aren't huge and clunky.  So I was wondering if you can buy and send my a pair? I'm sorry I keep asking for stuff. But I promise I will send you and dad to Bora Bora when I have money. It's a deal. Also my credit card keeps asking for a pin code sometimes at some stores and the zip code doesn't work. So idk what that is all about. Also in that package i really could use some old spice original scent deodorant and some G2 0.5 black pens. thanks again.  

Love you all

Austin

Probably my favorite picture.




 He wanted to take one more picture.  They loved it. 


 My little friends from over the fence. 
 We taught a lesson here. A very nice house by Mongolian standards. 
 The village of Nalaikh

 Normal summer day in Mongolia.  Our apartment does not have AC. So we walk around i garment tops and bottoms a lot.  And we open the windows, but it's cottonwood season so we and up with literally an inch of cotton on our floors if we do.  Ad they also have flies right now, they are the size of your thumb and they are super annoying and if you open the window they will fly in and never leave.  I swear I'm on Mars mom.  I love it.  But year no AC, and still no water.  So I've just been taking super cold showers the bucket showers were too slow.  
The door to the Chinese Embassy haha. It's wide open and unguarded. 


The little kids. And yes, that is Mongolian and yes I understand it. haha


 Cow jumping.  We never actually did it, don't worry.


Bus ride out to Nalaikh

Comments

Popular Posts