Is Water Wet?


The answer is no, water is not wet. But this week was good. It rained SO freaking much. Every day it would be sunny, then around 6 at night it would change and it would downpour and then these crazy lightening storms would come around too. It's sorta the coolest thing ever. I never thought it would be this wet and lightningy here haha. 

Tuesday: So we had zone conference today. It was really good. During it though it started raining so hard we couldn't even hear each other from inside the church. It was pretty crazy. Then President Harper let us all go get some snacks (zone conference is 6 hours long, he feels the struggle). And we all went outside in the rain to the store right across the road. But the road was seriously flooded with 8 inches of water so I tried to have Elder Callahan carry me, but he almost fell and we about took a swim haha. It was gnarly. I've never seen this much rain before. Then after zone conference I had to go on a split with Elder Stoney, my comp is the district leader so he has to go on splits with another elder for a day. So I was with Stoney and it was super fun. The rain stopped, and we both had nothing to do, so we made some paper boats and raced them down the river haha. It was actually pretty fun, plus all the kids from the ger districts (right next to the river) came and watched on with us. 

Wednesday: I was still with Stoney at this point, so him and I met Batbileg, and I had to teach the law of chastity hahaha. But it went super well, I was really able to communicate which was cool. Batbileg will be baptized for sure on the 4th of August, he has work a lot so it's hard for him to find time to meet with us and get all the paper work filled out and everything. We also found out that he is engaged to his high school best friend, she is an RM and is the one who brought him to church. So shoutout to her for doing more missionary work than us, haha just kidding, but not really. But they are super cute together, so it's fun to talk to him about that. After that Stoney and I headed around the city to find souvenirs for him. He leaves in 2 weeks, so he needs some stuff. So we went around and found some pretty cool Bazaars to shop at. I found some super dope boots I'm gonna get dad and easton and I. They were so cool, full on leather waterproof, fur lined boots. All the tough old men here wear them, so they are legit. 

Thursday: We didn't do much today, I was with my comp again. We had this guy ask us to teach him english, so we were going to meet with him, but we found out he lives in the other ward, so we let those missionaries teach him. So we went back to our apartment and called through all the lists of people, like less actives and people older than 9 but not baptized, and I got a hold of one but he found out who I was and was like "oh, okay" and then just hung up so quick lol. So hopefully something comes from calling all those people, it's about all we can do. 

Friday: We didn't do much today either. Lambert had to go to the doctor today, he has some weird lung inflammation thing. So he got some medicine for that, then we went to the good old Circle K for lunch. It's pretty sweet that they have those here, it's almost like America. Then we met up with Stoney and his comp again. They needed us to go to a lesson with them because it was with a young girl. We walked way back into these ger districts, and we got to their house and it was just so sad. This family lives in these gers, in the middle of the garbage dump. So it smells horrible, like rotting, decomposing everything. And their ger's are so dirty because of the rain, and the garbage around them. And they have nothing, I mean like nothing. It was just so so so sad. I would have taken a picture but I just felt so sad I couldn't bring myself to do it. It was really heart breaking. After the lesson we went to race paper boats again and meet up with some other missionaries for dinner. We went to this american burger place thats owned by some Koreans and this grandma cooks up all the food for us and she always says "OH HIIII HOW ARE YOU DOING IVE MISSED YOU ALL HAVE A SEAT TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!!” She's the best. 

Saturday: Today we legit did nothing. It was POURING so much, we would have gone hiking but it was so wet and we didn't have boots. So we just went grocery shopping and I was feeling a little ambitious so I made some strawberry crepes and, yeah, they freaking rocked. Also, Easton went on his date today. That's really all that matters, it's the big news of the day. Way to go man. 

Sunday: Church again, it was good. It's always a nice time. We found some people to meet with this week, so hopefully that goes well. Church was still really empty this week, only about 20 people including us and the senior couple. So it was really small. 

Sorry that my week was so boring haha! It should pick up this week, fingers crossed. Also it's still raining which is so nice, I love the rain. It adds to the adventure of this place. 

Love you all, 
Austin

 The river where we were boat racing.  It is so pretty here.  Kids usually are playing in the water and people picnic by it.  




 This is from our apartment window.  The lightening was crazy.  It would strike once every 3 seconds.  I'm not kidding.  It was wild.  The craziest lightening I have ever seen.  

We went to a traditional Mongolian musical performance last P-day.  They had throat singing and it was so freaking cool.  I only got this one photo and the short video because they got made at me.  





This bell is in the main square.  Everyone rings it for peace and luck.

The rain.  It was raining way harder than this shows. 

Comments

Popular Posts