I'm Just Having Fun With It...

Hey mom, 

This week was pretty good. My new area is way cool, it's super different and we have Jesperson and Sweetwood living right above us which is super super fun. They live right in the room above ours so we hangout a lot and do dinners together. It's always fun. Also it was Batbilegs baptism which was awesome. It was a super good time. And I was made District leader over the mega district. It's the largest in the mission which is pretty nuts, but it's all good. I did some baptismal interviews this Sunday for some sisters in our district and I was able to communicate super well which was a really cool thing. But here's my week:

Tuesday: So mostly I just packed a lot and got everything together, but that night we met with Odsuren. We taught him the plan of salvation, and at the end he says "can you also teach me english? I want to get better" So he speaks english super well so we were like "what the heck man we just did all of this in mongolian and you want it in english?" haha. but we retaught everything in english and he understood it all which was cool. He is a cool guy. Then after that we just went back and I packed again. 

Wednesday: This was my last day in American Denj, it was pretty sad leaving it all. I really liked that area. So I finished packing and then we went to the church to find some numbers of new members so the new missionaries can call them. Then we went grocery shopping and then spent the day with Stoney and all the other missionaries going home. So I moved all my stuff over to that apartment and we hung out with them. 

Thursday: I found out today that I am the district leader which was cool. It really just means I have to do district meetings and baptism interviews, but it's fun. There are about 10 missionaries in my district, about 20% of the mission haha. It makes me feel more involved which is nice. But we picked up my package from Kylie today which was awesome! Thanks kyles, you rock. Love you lots! Then we went to the departing devotional and got to meet some missionaries families who came to pick them up and tour the country which was cool. It really puts in perspective how fast this mission goes. 

Friday: Today I was in my new area Sukhbaatar with my new companion Elder Rand. It's really fun, I love it. My new area goes wayyyyy up into the countryside, so we will have a lot of her districts.  So we got up and deep cleaned our whole apartment and I unpacked. News though, I moved away from an apartment that just got hot water (5 days with hot water) into an apartment with no hot water. So I kinda just got screwed lol. But oh well. The cold wakes me up, and Rand gets a kick out of me yelling while I shower. But we went to get some lunch and then headed to the road with the lights over head. Every Friday they close it down and open it up for food trucks and stuff. It really makes this place feel like a small town. Plus there was a taco truck! So its freaking the best thing ever. Those tacos were so freaking good. Also I am up 15 lbs.  I’m a solid 145.  Its all the meat and the carbs.  The amount of carbs we eat is crazy.  

Saturday: This day marks my 200th day which blows my mind a little. It feels like I just got here some days, and others it feels like I've been here for decades. But it's nuts that I'm already 200 days in. But Jesperson and Sweetwood came down and said they need some help for some service. So we went with them, way up the canyons and helped this lady get some water. And we ended up playing with her little 3 year old son, who had no pants on lol. So we played some soccer with this kid and then got ready for the baptism. There was a group baptism. So 5 people got baptized including Batbileg. But the baptism was awesome. Batbileg was so happy. It was a cool experience. Afterwards we just hit up Circle K with the missionaries and that was the night.

Sunday: Church was great. Our ward literally has like 20 or 25 people total. So it's tiny. They had me bear my testimony and introduce my self to everyone. And they were all super nice and want to have me over to get to know me which is super nice of them. So we have some meetings this week which is awesome. And in this ward is those little girls I helped teach that call me "difficult name" so after sacrament meeting we just chatted with them for a little bit and they were so cute and so much fun. They pick on me so much haha. But it was good. This ward will be fun. We don't have any investigators sadly but they will get there. 

Sorry my week was so boring haha. Transfers always mess up the week a bit. Love you all!!!

Love,
Austin

 Batbilegs Baptism
The two Sisters on the left are in another area, they were just at the baptism.  The third girl in is a Returned Missionary.  She used to be in my District.  The girl in between Batbileg and Garcia is Batbilegs fiancé. 
 Elder Stoney.  He left this week.  He is such a good guy and a really good friend.  Kylie is going to his  homecoming talk.  Small world. 
 My new, tiny little room. I am really missing my queen size bed right about now.  This bed has springs and I can legit feel them in my back.  It hurts so bad lol
 My desk 
 Rand and a little friend we made while getting water. 
 Getting water
Played soccer with this naked dude haha

Comments

Popular Posts