Spring, So Mongolians Are Tired...

This week went well, it honestly went by super fast. The weather was good for a bit, but today it's snowing. Also it's Spring now, and I was talking to a lot of Mongolians and they all said this same thing, "Yeah so it's Spring now so all people are more tired. Everyone is tired in the Spring." I asked them why and they all said because our bodies aren't used to the longer days of sunlight. I don't really believe it, but everyone says the same thing, and they all sleep in super long now. So maybe it is real. But that has been cracking us up. I was at the bus stop last night and started a conversation with someone, and they brought up the fact that they feel pretty tired now. So I just said "well yeah, Spring started, of course you would be tired." And they just acted like it was completely normal to be tired in Spring. It makes me laugh. We also had a sandstorm this week which was wild. The whole city turned brown and walking outside just hurt, the sand would really cut your skin. It was pretty crazy. 

We also met with all our investigators this week and all the meetings went well. On Sunday we met with Hulan and Enkhjin and they both are really trying to get an answer to their prayers still. Enkhjin said she read the whole book of first Nephi over the last week which blew my mind. That's a lot of reading and stuff to think about. But she said she likes it and wants to continue reading it. I just really hope they both get their answer soon. They are super willing to do what we ask and everything. They really are putting a lot of effort in to this. 

After church we were waiting at the bus stop and I saw this little kid with his mom, and he was waiving a corn dog around and talking to his mom about me and how I look all weird with white hair. So I just said "hey what's up?" in Mongolian to him and his mom started dying laughing because she knew I just understood everything he said. So the mom and I started talking and turns out she wants to move to Australia so we told her about English class and she said she would go. Pretty funny little story.

During English this week, we were teaching about going to the doctors office and how that would all work. So we would have the students ask us how we are doing, then we would tell them something that is hurting, and they would give us advice on what to do, like go to the hospital or get some rest, stuff like that. So I said "oh my heart really hurts" expecting them to say go to the hospital, but some girl in the class said "oh that's the worst, you should kiss a girl." I was dead haha. Scrimsher and I were both crying laughing. It was hilarious. 

So last week on Friday after teaching Scrimsher and I went to find some mint shampoo, we went to the mall and found some, and walked into the cashmere store. And we found that the whole cashemere store was on sale. The coat I want to get was $100 off, so yes I did jump on that. It's just folded up in its suit bag and under my bed waiting to be worn back in the states. I don't want to take it out here because it would get ruined from the smoke and the dust. But let me tell it's nice. Silk lined and everything. Dad I know you're probably rolling your eyes at me, but believe me it was worth it.  Plus you told me to buy it, so you can't get mad. 

We were with the AP's another day and we had to help them with a lesson. This girl wanted to meet with them, but she only was getting some information for a school research project. But we had to explain to her the whole plan of salvation and how the 1/3 of heaven left and all that stuff. It was so hard, it took all the mongolian we had. But it was fun, definitely good practice though. 

We taught our other investigators and all the lessons went really good. They are all still wanting some more time before they get baptized. But they are all willing to do what we ask, and read the Book of Mormon and pray. We are just hoping they come along soon. They are all super faithful people. And that's really the whole week. It was pretty fun though. It flew by. 

-Austin



 Ping Pong and games at mutual night. 










The English club at the Church put together a hike.  The girls kept saying that it was a lame hike and they needed to show us some better ones.  













 So people are always selling books on the street to make money.  Look closely at this photo. Notice the Book of Mormon? We were dying.  We asked how much he was selling it for and the guy said about $1.30. 



 The sandstorm



Comments

Popular Posts