Gave That Fresh Cut.....

Okay first things first mom, you HAVE to make my blog private. Like right now. The sponsers from Mongolia find them and if they find out I'm a missionary they will kick me out. Also can you give me access to that? I still want to see it. But that's the major announcement this week, other than that its been pretty lowkey. 

No travel plans yet. Hopefully tomorrow though, I’ll keep you updated.

Your week sounds super boring too. Crazy with that weird guy and dad. Stupid people.

Thanks for those scriptures though. Kylie actually wrote one of the scriptures in a letter she gave me. The Mormon 5:23 scripture. I love that one. It's my new favorite, I have it memorized in mongolian (mostly). Thanks for that though, it was really a hard day on Monday, the MTC is sorta the worst. This place is like Azkaban. 

Also Ava is a straight savage by calling out kids by name in front of her teacher. She's a legend. 

Here is my weekly rundown:

Sunday: I met up with Nate at the temple! That was freaking awesome, so nice to meet a real human being. That was probably the highlight of the week. So get ready Easton, I'm gonna come visit you when you are here. But then that night we had Via Sikahema come talk to us and that was way cool. He talked about Philidelphia and the temple and how the Eagles are the best team in the NFL (He's right by the way). So that was really fun.

Monday: Monday was super boring, we didn't do much so that was that. But I was reading this huge paragraph in class and my teacher said my reading the best he's ever seen "for a white guy." So that was cool. So time for a story, this is where Monday picked up. So last week, Elder Steele ripped his pants beyond repair. So we got back to the room and he straight gets his Buck knife and cuts his pants down the hems and pulls them apart. He continues to cut out a massive rectangle shaped piece of his pants and then gets a sewing kit. He proceeds to stitch this piece of cloth into the inside of his suit coat (making sure to not have the thread go on the outside of the suit). He made an enourmous extra pocket that he uses to store food and snacks and bandaids. Well, this week he improved it and made that pocket bigger. I sent a picture of it. It's pretty gnarly.

Tuesday: Tuesday was really fun (see the subject). Scrimsher wanted a hair cut so he told me to give him one. And I actually didn't mess up. It was pretty dang good if I say myself. And of course Steele had the hair clippers and guards so we were able to give him quite the hair cut. Everyone complimented my handiwork. But we also had Elder Renlund come talk to us. He spoke about Jesus Christ and how to have Joy. It was a really interesting talk. 

Wednesday: Yesterday was okay, it just kept dragging on and I've had this headache that wont go away so that stinks, but oh well. I hosted again which was way cool, I got some kid from my BYU ward which was way funny. So it was nice to see him again. Lucky kid only has 3 weeks here. 

So that was my week. Sorry it was a short email, this week was just super average and normal. Only one more MTC P day till Mongolia! I’m freaking out, I'm legit going to die over there. I just found out they eat boiled sheeps heads in Mongolia. And there's a chance of getting scrapie (look it up, essentially it's a prion disease and you die 15-20 years later after you lose all your hair and skin falls off) They told the Norwegian missionaries (they are in our zone, Steele is a Nord) to not eat them but they let the Mongols so I don’t know what the deal is. I prefer living, and my hair and my skin on my body. They are crazy people though, I'm going to eat some nasty crap. They milk their goats and let the milk dry on the tops of their gers and then they break it up and harden it until it's like a rigid cheese and then they eat that. My teacher made some, it's not the worst, but it's pretty freaking gross. It’s like an extremely powerful blue cheese, it would probably be good on a super bitter salad, its got a lot of bite to it. Pops would probably like it, he likes stinky cheese. It’s freaking insane. 

Also Moses emailed me on his weekly, he has been in Argentina for a week and already has a baptism on Saturday, he said they introduce themselves as the baptizers of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That's super cool. Mongolia is not a normal mission. No one in the family has been to a mission like this, no one we know has been to a mission like this. I dont even know how to prepare because its completely opposite of what dad had to do, my teacher was talking to us and I realized a lot of the basic advice (just about teaching and talking to people) that dad gave me can't even be applied over there. It's pretty daunting.  I’m excited, just a little overwhelmed.

Have a good week, tell everyone that I love them. Love you all so much, if I need anything in that package I'll let you know.

Thanks again, love you lots

Austin

 30 Missionaries in an elevator
 Elder Steele's handiwork
 Cleaning up the classroom
 The Zone
 "Scrimsher has a lot of faith in me."



Elders Steele and Ogden hosting the new missionaries


Comments

Popular Posts