I'm free; kind of........



So this week was pretty weird, (see the link above). We got to go to the ELC which is by the football stadium to get licensed to teach English Internationally. It was a nice espace from the MTC, but now we are right back into the normal things. Here is how this week went:

Friday: Today was pretty normal, I taught a lesson to one of our teachers posing as an investigator again. I talked almost the whole time in Mongolian which was a first for me. It was super super cool to have all those sentences come to my head. And at exercise time that night a kid from my district said he was playing basketball and met a sister missionary from Reno. So that's pretty weird. It was really cool though to have someone so close from home here. 

Saturday: Today was the best weather day yet! It was super warm, so we had class outside on the grass. I never knew how much I missed grass, and how much I hate being confined inside buildings until now. It was super rejuvenating to be outside again (and no Carly, the grass didn't speak to me). Also mom, I got Neilsen's mom's information. He wants to get an apartment together when we are back from BYU, and I would love to room with someone I know rather than a bunch of random people. So I will keep you updated with how that goes.

Sunday: Sunday's are nice. I was made DL, which at the MTC doesn't mean much. But I can get the mail now, so I control the information. Pretty neat stuff. We went to the temple to hangout in the nice weather for a while which was very very nice. Scrimsher and I just sat on the bench and talked the whole time, it was nice to get outside again. 

Monday: This was the first day of ELC. It was really cool getting to leave the MTC. So the ELC is the building by the Chevron thats right by the football stadium. It was a bummer we didnt get to go to the actual BYU campus, but this was better than nothing. The ELC is pretty interesting though, the lights make these fire truck whistle sounds randomly, and it smells pretty weird. But it's fun. There's a ton of international students there and it was really cool getting to know them.

Tuesday: We had ELC again, and then a devotional today. The devotional was good, the second counselor in the presiding bishopric talked. He talked about the difference between going on a mission, and serving a mission. It was a really really good talk.

Wednesday: So today at the ELC, my comp and I had to teach a class of ESL students from the community. It was pretty scary not gonna lie. So when they all got to class we started talking and this one lady, from Rio, was hilarious. She is like 50 years old, and said I need to get married after my mission, and go to Rio and she will take me to all the beaches because "I could use the sun." She went on and on about how gorgeous Rio is. She was a hoot.

Thursday: We finished up at the ELC and got our certificates! So I can teach anywhere in the world now which is really cool. That really was the extent of the day, nothing much happened. Our ELC teacher, Bro Evans, will be in Mongolia in October for a teachers conference, so it will be cool to see him again.  

Friday: Today was a normal day again, and Jespersen was feeling really sick. So he made it through an hour of class before it got bad. So we went back to the room and slept for 4 hours. Let me tell ya, that was the greatest thing ever. And this one guy in our zone (Elder Steele) ripped his pants on accident and they were destroyed. So he cut up the legs and made a pocket and stitched and extra large pocket into his suit coat so he can carry more things like band aids, ibuprofen, his pocket knife, and candy. This guy is literally Dwight Schrute in the flesh. He keeps things interesting around here. 

The skiing lessons sound like pure comedy, I miss that chaos haha.

Easton did super freaking good at the swim meet! I'm super proud of him, he's gonna kill it. 

Also what the freak? Two snow days? I never got snow days. 

I love you all so much.  

Love, Austin


 My District and our teachers
 Jackson Jensen and I (an old friend that used to live in Carson)

 "Naps in class as usual."

 Class outside
 "Chilling in the grass.  It's been way too long."
 Leaving the MTC. Hallelujah!
 "I used to park my car right there!"
 Scrimsher outside the ELC building

 "Sister Larson from the Zone had to go to the Dentist, so she rode with us to the ELC."
 Classroom at the ELC
 Teaching at the ELC.  The lady I am teaching is from Brazil.
ELC Certificate

 Nate "accidentally" ran into me at the Provo Temple
Our ELC class.  Bro Evans, in the front row, was our teacher. 



Breaking free of the MTC.  Temporarily
Journal writing time




Comments

  1. 1. His voice is lower!
    2. I love the videos. How cool to see his face?!
    3. You know the grass was speaking to him-he just wasn’t listening hard enough!
    4. He sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts