The Dog Days

So we really have hit the dog days of summer. This week we really did not do much. It was still good though, but we really didn't do anything so I'm sorry if this email is super boring haha. There were a couple of funny things that happened so those hopefully will make up for it. In other news, its officially hot as heck here. It's so freaking hot now and we are all dying. Tomorrow is suppposed to be 90 degrees too, so send some prayers. Haha kidding, but the weather is super nice, I really have missed the warm Sun. So because we are outside almost all day long everyone is getting super tan (surprisingly me too), and now my hair is getting sun bleached like it does in the summer, so all the little kids stare at me even more and tell their parents to look at my hair. It's pretty funny. 

Wednesday: Today was actually busy believe it or not. Garcia started teaching again for the last 2 weeks of school, and he teaches on Monday and Wednesday and Friday mornings, so I was on a split. Today we had some service. We had to help this lady get water, so it was fun. And then she needed help contacting the stake president, so we had to do that and it was kinda difficult, both of us don't speak much Mongolian, but we got through. Then we had to hurry down to the church because we had a lesson with our investigator Batbeleg. But because of the traffic and the service we were like 15 minutes late, and our investigator wasn't there and we couldn't get ahold of him, so we were kinda freaking out because we thought he left because we didn't show up. But good news, we found him on Sunday at church (he just came by himself, this guy rocks) and he said he got super super busy and just forgot to call us that we wont be able to meet. But we have a lesson with him tomorrow so it'll be awesome. He is still on track for baptism, this kid rocks. Then later that day I bought this super dope Kasakh hat that this lady out in the countryside hand made. I'll send pics. I'm getting Easton one too. They're so cool.

Thursday: Today I hit my 4 month mark which is scary because you would think I know what I'm doing by now....but not really haha. So we had to get our blood drawn again, so all the missionaries were at the doctors office at the mission home, so it was super nice to see all my buddies again. Then I had my interview with President and it was really good, he's a good guy, he just gets it. Then we ran around the city and went to some stores and I was walking around and I hear this person say "Austin!" and I was like "what the freak?" so I turn around and it was the lady from the service last week who we helped put up wallpaper. No one here can say Schofield, so I tell everyone my name is Austin, I'm considering getting a name tag that says Elder Austin, in Mongolian. I'll probably do it. Then we were walking around some more, and I saw these two old guys walking towards me and I could tell something was up. So I was staying aware, then one of the guys walks right into me and he is so close his nose hit my chin (everyone is super short here) and starts talking to me in English and his buddy went behind me and tried to grab my wallet from my back pocket, but jokes on him, I keep my wallet in my bag. So he went to grab it and he ended up just grabbing my butt, so I felt that and I was like "what the flipping heck is going on?" and this guy got really embarrassed that he grabbed my butt and walked off, so I just pushed my way thorough the other guy and they both started swearing at me as I walked away. It was really funny. Weird people here. Then finally we had to go interview this little girl for baptism. Her and her sister will be baptised this saturday. So I hung outside with her little 9 year old sister and she is a hoot let me tell ya. She talked my ear off, and asked to see pictures of my family and of kylie. And then she started talking about the moon, and she was hilarious. She reminds me alot of Sami and Ava. So we took a picture and just had a ball out there. 

Friday: So today was empty. Garcia taught again, so I took those hours he was teaching to read the scriptures and study the language. I actually like that I have that much time to just think and learn, its really nice. Yeah really that was it. We spent the rest of the day getting food with other people and just chatting, it was super super empty today.

Saturday: So there's a senior couple who is leaving in June, so for district meeting we painted them a picture. It was fun. After that we went back to our apartment, Garcia hasnt been feeling good so he took a nap and then I just studied and read the Book of Mormon some more. Then later that night we got a call that the street with the lights is open again, turns out its like that until October which will be awesome. So we went down there and got some food truck food and had some fun. Theres a ton of street performances that are fun to watch. So it was pretty relaxing. 

Sunday: Today was great. We had church, and we got 2 new potential investigators. So hopefully that turns out good. And we got put in charge of the virtual branch which means we call all the people in the Gobi and set up a conference call so they can have sacrament meeting. Everyone is so spread out down there that this is the best way. So it's cool. We just have to conduct is all. Then for dinner that night, the AP's invited us and some other people over for dinner, we do Sunday dinners with them now. And we legit cooked 60 eggs and made 30 waffles and a tray of hash browns. And we ate it all haha. It was crazy. But really really fun and a nice way to unwind. 

Monday: Today was good.  Garcia taught again so I again was studying the scriptures and the language. I read D&C 18 today and it was really cool. It hit me when it said that Jesus died for ALL men. Not just me, but for everyone. The scope of the atonement is really incomprehensible, but for a second there I was starting to understand it. It was a really cool experience. It's hard to describe, but it was really cool. But yeah that was really it for the day, we just killed time the rest of the day. 

Hopefully our potential investigators turn out so it can keep us busier. But it's good out here, miss you all and love you so much!


This little girl was such a hoot.  She was speaking Mongolian and was so adorable and funny. 

 Kasakh Hat

 The light street. 
 Mongolian Military leader statue.  Pretty neat stuff.

Blood Draw Day at the Mission Home



These last three photos are from Elder Bednars Visit





Comments

Popular Posts