Oh Don't Do It!!! Oh My Gosh...

This week was also pretty good, it went really quick. We were fairly busy the whole time. I also ate some freaking crazy stuff. I'll explain later, but yeah, no one has anything on me for weird food. This is so crazy. It actually warmed up this week a bit, but then it got cold again fast. So our hopes for a winterless winter are gone. It's still really nice, the weather isn't too cold yet. Nothing really else new this week, we did start wearing our masks though. At night it smells like you are standing next to a campfire. It's pretty gross. 

Tuesday: So some crazy stuff happened, Elder Crofts got moved to Erdenet halfway through the transfer, and Elder Lhagwaa came in to be Rand's new companion. He is a Mongolian and super nice, and knows English super super well. But we went hiking and then afterwards we taught a lesson to Enkhenerel again. She is the 8 year old girl with a member sister. The lesson went really well. She is really attentive when we teach which is really helpful. So that went really well. 

Wednesday: So with Crofts being gone, Perry had to pick up his English teaching. So he teaches Monday, Wednesday mornings on top of Friday too. So I was with Lhagwaa in the morning. We just cleaned his apartment and helped him unpack. Then walked to meet back up with Perry. And literally as soon as I got with Perry I went with Ponton to teach English. Class went well, it was actually pretty fun. Afterwards I got back with Perry and we went to teach Myadag at the church. The gospel lesson went super super well. It helps to have a native in there helping us haha. Then we taught her English which went pretty decent, it's hard though because we really have no material to go off of. And then that was it for the day. At the end of the night Rand and I went on our District Leader/Zone Leader split. 

Thursday: We got up and had district meeting, which we did combined with the other city district that is in our zone. It was pretty fun. Then afterwards Rand and I went to teach Galtorgil. He is the man with the wife that I mentioned a few weeks ago. We have been trying to meet with him forever, but he is super super busy, but he got a day off of work. The lesson went super good. We had the ward mission leader come with us. We asked them if they want to be baptized and they said yes. It was super exciting. So they should be getting baptized on December 8th, pretty funny date being Easton's birthday. But that lesson went very well, and we set up an appointment on Saturday with them too. Then Rand and I just really hungout. We really didn't do much the rest of the day. We tried out the new circle K by our apartment, and made some peach shakes though. 

Friday: Friday was crazy like normal. I got with Ponton early in the morning so Perry could go teach. Then we taught at school. We got a new class though, because ours was taking their midterm. So we got to meet the new people and turns out that some other missionaries teach them on Monday. Then we got our regular class for our second class of the day. They got their English tests back from their teacher (she is a Mongolian) and I looked at the test, and the way she worded the questions was super confusing (but technically correct), some questions had pretty terrible grammar. It didn't seem very fair to me to have the students take a test on English that was so confusing, even for me to understand. So I told her "this is a very hard test, the questions don't make sense." And she tried telling me that they do make perfect sense, and got pretty upset that I said they don't. So when she left, we went over the test with the students. And it was a pretty fun class for the rest of the time. When we left school, I got with Jesperson (our companions teach english together) and got some food. Then as soon as Perry was done with English we went to our lesson with a member. The same guy who fed us Airag (don't worry he didn't give it to us this time). But it was better. Sheep head. Yeah freaking sheep head. And not only 1. 2 of them. So we ate those, it wasn't really that bad. It was bad, don't get me wrong, but not too bad. But he just ripped the jaw off the thing and cleaned the bone so fast. So we ate the tongue and gums. Cheek meat, and Rand had some ear. I wanted to eat the eye, but you can get some gnarly parasites from them so I didn't this time. But I will eat one before I go home. But yeah, so I ate sheep head. It was crazy.

Saturday: We got up and around 10 we had this choir practice for when the General Young Men's President comes here next Saturday. After that, Perry and I tried to go to Galtorgils, but the main road was shut down. The German chancellor is in town, so the road was shut down for that. So when we figured that out Perry and I walked to another bus stop, but ran into Rand and Lhagwaa. Rand thought it would be best for Perry and Lhagwaa to go to the lesson, they only wanted 2 people to come, and they have never met the family before. So Rand and I were together for an hour or so before we got back with Perry and Lhagwaa. They said the lesson went great though, which was really exciting. Then we went to Pujee's house to teach the two little girls, but they weren't there, so we just chatted with Pujee for a while, and told our funny stories to her from America. Then I got my haircut later that day, man it's so short. That lady really botched me. Then finally we went to the lady who is making my deel and she measured me and everything. I went with a grey colored deel, it should be pretty sweet. 

Sunday: At church there was A TON of people. I don't know why, maybe 2 hour church enticed them. Also at church, Bojinglam (one of the new members we teach, she is 12) was being chased by this little boy and she was yelling "I don't believe that you are a Child of God!!." hahah it was so funny. Then we went home and made dinner and relaxed, it was really nice to have a breather.

Monday: We helped out Sweetwood with a lesson. It went really well. Then Perry needed some sweaters, so we went shopping. He found some super dope ones for like 3 US dollars. It's so cheap here haha. Then we met up with Rand and taught Myadag, it went super well. Lhagwaa teaches so good, it helps when he is native haha. Then we hussled to our next lesson with Enkhenerel. She is the little 8 year old girl we teach. She is so cute. The lesson went really well, we actually went into their ger and she was reading her Book of Mormon (the picture one) and had her tithing set aside. It was adorable. It's really cool to see how big of a desire she had to learn as that young

And that was it, there was my week. Still can't believe I ate a freaking sheep head. 

Love you all, 
Austin

Wearing our masks now.  The air is so bad and will only get worse they said. 
 The following pics are from our P-Day hike.


 Buddhist rock pie to honor the dead ancestors. Pretty sweet.
 Sweetwood in his element.




 The sunsets here are amazing. 

 My English Class
Yup, that just happened. 











Comments

Popular Posts